Guinness Stout Chicken

por | |
Stout chicken is what I usually order whenever I dine in one of the local restaurants here. But after flipping through cookbooks and also recipes shared online (I got this recipe from Table for 2..... or more but I've made adjustments here and there), I decided to give it a try. I've got two bottles of Guinness Stout in the pantry, some chicken wings and it was St. Patrick's Day last Saturday!!!

Guinness Stout Chicken
Serving for 2



Ingredients:
5 chicken wings (wings and drummets separated)
1/2 salt
1/2 tbsp Worcester Sauce
150ml Guinness Stout
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
1 clove of garlic
1 cup oil for frying

Method:
Marinate the chicken wing with salt, Worcester Sauce and corn flour for about and hour (you can add 3 tbsp of stout if you want to).

Fry until golden.

Discard the oil and retain about 1 tbsp in wok (well, since I think using the oil used for deep frying is rather unhealthy, I decided to use 1 tbsp of olive oil, instead).

Put in garlic and fry till golden brown, pour in Stout and cook to reduce a bit.

Add in sugar, soy sauce and chicken wings, and further cook until the gravy almost dries up.

Serve hot and enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment