Bak Kut Teh (Pork Bone Tea)

por | |
Klang is arguably the best place in Malaysia for Bak Kut Teh (BKT). It is so famous that stalls in my hometown will have their signboards stating Klang Bak Kut Teh to attract customers. Despite all that, believe it or not, I never had Klang Bak Kut before!!! Thus, Klang BKT mission is on for my next trip to KL.

Anyways, since I have not have BKT for a while, I decided that BKT is going my next project. This round Bee Cheng Hiang's BKT Herbal Mix was my choice.

With the instruction printed on the packet, it is very easy to do. I followed the recipe but

- I stir fried a small amount of garlic with a little bit of olive oil.
- I blanch the pork ribs before cooking them in the Bak Kut Teh soup to get a good porky texture.
- I added Golden Needle Mushroom and some Shiitake the outcome is very mouthwatering worthy :)

The Ingredients 

And not forgetting the super useful KA Ceramic Pot

A small amount of garlic, blanch the pork, pour in the water and shiitake mushroom.
Let it boil for about 30 to 40 minutes

Serve hot with a bowl of rice and garlic with light soy sauce.


Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment